Saturday, January 26, 2008

Swatching for thermal



For once in my life I did a gauge check and I am pretty much perplex about which size to choose for my next sweater pattern : Thermal from Knitty.com. I will use Gloss from Knit Picks as suggested by the designer of the sweater but when I was reading about it on Ravelry, I learned that it grows a lot in water. So I made a little swatch, putted it in the washer and let it dry till this afternoon to find it not so bad, it streched, yes, but not "so much". I don't have circular 3 mm so I'm using 2.75 mm and I'm planning to cast on for the B size which is for 34'' bust size even though I'm 38'' in real mesurement. Hope those two things will prevent the oversize strech to be dramatical... I want it to be fitted and since I'm narrowaited I think B will be good for me. Anyway I'll see when I'll cast on in the next few days.

On another theme today I went to ship my parcel for the Valentine Day Swap 2008, I had a lot of fun shopping for my secret pal and since she did not gave me a lot of clues how to please her, I made my best ending with a box full of goodies... yummy yarn and candies... Hope she like it as much as I think ! It cost me 17.24$ to send it so... I should be a little disapointed if she don't...

No comments: