Sunday, June 22, 2008

You know what it is...

When knitting mojo is back... he is really back ! :) I have almost not knit since 4-5 weeks and now since Saturday at midnight on the begginning of SOS 2008, I can't stop knitting now ! Not only I am almost done with sock 1 of Pomatomus (pictures tomorow night) but I also cast on for the February Lady Sweater which is a revisited version of a Elisabeth Zimmerman classic baby sweater but adapted for women.


This is what it is supposed to look like once finish :


And this is what it look like now in my living room :



I am using the Vera Moda Corn yarn I received in the Spring swap... very fun to knit with. I promess to take a better picture with sunlight later on this week.

I just joined a group on Ravelry this week end about viral knitting... it's quite interesting because I am more than into viral knitting... on the Top 10 patterns on Ravelry I already knitted 5 ! And currently February Lady Sweater is number 2 most active pattern on Ravelry. Am I influenced by others for knitting ? Totally... I assume that if so many people enjoy knitting those item, I will probably do the same, at the same time I can be a lonely knitter like for my Drop Blouse I knitted last year, I was the first one to list this project on Ravelry and try this out.

Here is the list based of the top 10 I put those I already knit in bold letters


1- Clapotis with 6369 projects
2- Fetching with 6287 projects
3- Monkey with 5597 projects

4- Calorimetry with 4391 projects
5- Jaywalker with 4385 projects
6- Baby Surprise Jacket with 3570 projects
7- My So Called Scarf with 2737 projects
8- Ballband Dishcloth with 2723 projects
9- Saartje’s Bootees with 2441 projects

10- Felted Clogs with 2395 projects

What about you ? Are you a viral knitter of more independant one ? Interesting to investigate...

No comments: