Saturday, February 20, 2010

FO : February Lady Olympic sweater

Yes I did another attempt at this pattern and it worth it totally... :) I had a blast knitting this and I knit in a record time... let me tell me the story of my new sweater...

First of all, it is part of Ravelympic SO I had to cast on during opening ceremony last Friday February 12th and my hands were anxious to begin. I had make my balls out my skeins and check my gauge prior to event which was allowed. And I knit like a crazy one to cast off on February 15th, Monday night with second sleeve. I just slack on putting my buttons on it and take pictures but during week it's kind of busy right here so I had to wait before to show to you all.

Here are the spec :

Pattern : February Lady Sweater by Pamela Wynne

Needles : 6.5mm

Yarn : just  under 3 skeins of Malabrigo merino worsted in color Verdes, receive in December 2008 in a swap... let me show how much left I have :

That was VERY close from running out of yarn !!!

Mods : a few... I followed directions for a small but I remove 2 sections of 7 stitches to get a less swingy cardi and before I was aware of running out of yarn. I arrange the stitches where it suits me best in order to be confortable in it.

Here are some shots of it :
while blocking

front view


from the back


some proof of the baby belly


So glad to be done with my first sweater of the year and also have a sweater completed for Ravelympics !!! My challenge is now to complete another sweater for me before closing ceremony... I'll show you my progress tomorow.

2 comments:

Maryse said...

Il est vraiment superbe! J'aime beaucoup ce patron. L'avoir tricoté en 3 jours me semblent presqu'impossible! Quelle prouesse! Bravo! Nice baby belly ;-)

Julie said...

looks gorgeous!! love the green. And your baby bump is so cute!