Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back to real world

Welcome back to me and to the already coming : fall. When I leaved Quebec it was the full glory of the summer with 3-4 weeks of perfect hot weather and superb sun. Then I went to Spain having myself ann additionnal 2 weeks of wonderful weather and then...BANG... back to Quebec and it's cold ! My God ! it's almost time to wear jackets, hats and mittens. *sigh* Yes, welcome back to reality...


What about my travelling... umm where to begin, lol, been quite adventurous sometimes and so lazy at others. But in facts, I'm just so happy that I enjoyed 2 weeks with Mr.Wonderful in Spain, just the two of us 24/24.

First stop was on Malaga, a transit city in which we have spent 2 days and where I had my one and only Mojito drink of the whole trip since it cost us a bunch ! Can you ever imagine paying so much for so little attention at the end. It's horrible. So after that we only drank beer (cerveza), wine (vino) and water (agua) and if you don't speak spanish, the pronunciation is very far of what you're thinking ... for those like me who have french as first language it's easier, but I am lucky enough to get it fast because in lot and lot of place, they don't even know the existence of english or french.... hahaha !
So back to Malaga, it's the typical old town which grown up and became a center not for tourism but for living, working, commuting, etc. As we learned after it's not the place really to be a tourist. They are not really activities, not a lot of restaurant and since it's was a special holiday on the second day it's was worse and we spend the day walking around, taking picture and we followed a plan about what to see in Malaga, provided by the tourism office, but there is so few things to see you can do them all in the same day for sure.
The Cathedral



The Roman ruins



Oh and the good point is that Malaga is the birthplace of Pablo Picasso, so I can accept that the city have a bigger interest to me, but be aware that the "Museo Picasso Malaga" is very small and they are not big artwork or anything you may know, the real thing is mostly in Madrid or Barcelona museums. So that's it about Malaga... it may sound rude or that I dislike the town, but in comparaison with the other location we visited... this is not my favorite at all.

I will continue with my other 3 locations in another post, because now for me it's almost bedtime, still a bit on jetlag and I have to work tomorow... :P

About knitting now : first of all I had no problems at all with my needles in the planes, security checks and all the places they checked on you around airport, train and autobus. For sure I choose Knitpick Harmony woods in circular version so it was not metal and second important point, I did not exibit it in the check points. I only use it in the place when flying and in my hotel room finally. And here are the results : the body of my Green Gable is done, it's a bit longer because I like it that way, but after the try on me, for sure I will pay attention with what I will wear it because chunky yarn is not friend with baggy style if you don't wanna look like 200 pound person !
That's all for tonigh folks, stay tune for the other 3 locations in Spain and possibly the right sleeve of Green Gabel by the end of the week...

2 comments:

Lupie said...

Hi new Lesser Know Skein! I love your blog and will visit and comment often.
You have so many beautiful things you have made!

Stephanie said...

Hi welcome to the lesser none skiens. Love you blue mittens the color is Great. I too am working ont he green gable or was untill I stuffed it in a bag. It needed a "time out" After joining all the parts my brain and the pattern had a disagreement. HopefullY i will finish it soon though. I really love the way itlooks.