Sunday, September 28, 2008

Spain part 2 and a right sleeve !



Hello !

Now let's talk about our second stop in Spain : Marbella, one of the cutest beach resort city I have seen. Life seems to be cool and relax in that place of the globe and I feel like I would stay there for all the sunny season ! We spent 3 days in Marbella including transportation by bus from and to Malaga for our connection to other destinations.

Marbella is a city of around 115 000 inhabitant. Like in the rest of Spain, economy is hard for tourism related industry and there are a lot of empty restaurant at night. But the terrasses were almost all full in the Old city where we were lodging. The motto of the city is "A way of life" and I can tell that I can adjust to that life for sure ! It's kind of the "St-Tropez" of la Costa del Sol in Spain. There are plenty of artist and rich people who crossed those streets. Back to Orange Square, or "La Plaza de los Naranjos", as it is called in Spanish, expect to meet with stately buildings, small shops, art galleries, bars and bistros and is a hub of activity day and night.

You can also take a walk on the Avenida del Mar where you can find classy restaurant, bar, and concrete skycraper just a few step away from the sea. Marbella coastline is 26km long. We tried some restaurants with the most delicious seafood at night for dinner and fabulous tapas for the lunch (to be enjoyed with a cold beer).


The beach is perfect and here you can see me in the water (really cold!)




Night at the restaurant




The sand alligator




Truly, I wish I could go back soon in this beautiful place and spend a lot of time sleeping under the sun, shoping in the shop all around and enjoy good meal everynight !


Now about knitting...


I have finish my right sleeve, yay for me ! I did not spend that much time on knitting this week, first week back to work is always a bit crazy and everyone is asking about the travel and want to go lunch with you and since you can't say no you finish by spending way too much time at lunch and you have to finish your day later... ouf. Viva la vida loca ! It's fun to be appreciate at work but it's a lot of work too ! haha !

I still enjoy the pattern a lot, the yarn and the combinaison of both seems to work great. Size is good. I am really proud of this work, all thoses littles stitches all together to form a sweater that's so cool. I love knitting ! As I lengthened the body, I am doing the same with the sleeve. I only have some trouble with my imagination to imagine all those part combining for the yoke... we'll see soon.

Look at the beast it is closer and closer to be a sweater now ! With a second sleeve it will be better for sure, so back to work on it !

2 comments:

Lupie said...

The pattern on the sleeve looks beautiful and the color is great. Can't wait to see more!

Steffi said...

I've tagged you on my blog! Hope you don't mind!