Friday, October 3, 2008

Instant gratification

Yes a quick little project in between the Green Gable... yes I failed to be monogamous to a project for once, but it's for a good reason : I needed to have something handmade for my "favorite thing swap" so it doesn't really count.


Here the FO : Chlorofyll Mittens by Tarja (link on Ravelry)


I found the pattern on Ravelry and totally like it at first glance because there are bobbles and I rename my project "Bobbles mittens" and second because it seems to be quite underground so far and unnoticed. It's a free pattern release on March 2008 and including the designer there are only 4 projects on Ravelry about it. Pattern is ok, well written and clearly charted but if I had knows that I would use only about 5 yards of the second skein of Merino Style to finish it I would have shorten the ribbing at beginning by a few rows...


Here the Specs...


Yarn : 1.05 skein of Knitpick Merino Style in color Storm

Needles : 3.25 mm DPN because I don't have 3 mm

Cast on : evening of October 1st

Cast off : evening of October 2nd


Note : very quick and easy as said earlier I would prefer to shorten the ribbing by 2-3 rows to be able to use only a single ball of yarn.


I also have a note about the yarn : it's my first time working with it and it works beautifully BUT the skein had 6 knots !!! I guess I have reason to be a bit disapointed...


Now I'm waiting to have to have my partner name to send it with my package !!!


Back to regular scegule on Green Gable soon...

3 comments:

Lupie said...

Love your Bobble Mittens and green is my fav color. Thanks for the details it is so helpful when planning to start a project to know how others have done.

lizzzknits said...

I am looking for a fingerless mitt pattern to use some of my homespun yarn. I may check out this pattern to see if would work! Nice job. My daughter is 24 too, and I wish I could get her interested in knitting!

Tally Knits said...

I love them! And I have some Merino Style lying around! And I need to knit something for a secret pal! Thanks for the pattern info and yours are gorgeous!