Sunday, July 19, 2009

4 months later...

Hello ?

...anyone still reading this ??? Yes it's been a very long time since I last blogged here and I apologize to all my previous and new readers... It's been a busy year for me and now I am back to knitting for good ! Since last January, I broke up with ex-boyfriend and moved 3 times so it was hard to keep knitting and blogging, in addition to this I did not had an Internet connection everytime I wish I had one. Also as I bough my new apartment recently I have a LOT of stuff to do : painting the walls, decorate, buying new stuff...

So, welcome back and here are the knitting news for this week :

First of all, I am on a yarn diet since 4 months and it's going good since I did not read blogs and did not look at new patterns it was pretty easy to keep me away from yarn store. Plus, while moving I had my stash in hands 2 or 3 times so I also realize how much cool yarn and cool projects I already have to knit so I will try to continue on my diet until at least October 2009. Wish me luck on this... ;)

The only yarn left on my hand was a Noro Kureyon Sock in the purples, gorgeous one and I did not had many needles neither... So I put my hands on a 3.25mm circular and I decided to try on the Swallowtail Shawl...of which I made more a little scarf version. It's not perfect as the needle combination with the yarn and pattern is not quite adequate, but I am pleased with the pattern, the yarn and finally the whole thing !

I really enjoyed the pattern and I did it straight, I did not touch to any other fiber during the knitting process. You know I am not a monogamous knitter normally but I had no other options and I make it hibernate for 4 weeks in the process because I was busy with my moving. I had a lot of fun with the pattern even if it's an easy one and I am now a member of Ravelry upon the 4719 others that made the Swallowtail ! :)

Now I just need to find a solution to block my stuff here, before there was carpet floor so I used it to block my knitting...but now with hard floor wood and ceramic it's not the same. I will find a solution that is not too expensive. That's it for now and I will show you later my last swap boxes I had in March and I will continue on my Travel stuff too, I am currently planning 2 trips for 2009 !

2 comments:

Michel Monette said...

On vous suit toujours sur http://lacapitaleblogue.com oui ;-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back!

I've been checking your blog to see what's new with you. You look fantastic! Good luck with the new apartment!

The shawl is so pretty. I may have to make that at some point myself.