Monday, January 17, 2011

First FO of 2011 !!!

and it's a fresh start for 2011 FO's, still I didn't finish blogging about last FO of 2010...but I am too busy to do all I have to do at the same time ! It's my test knit hat : Kirkstone by Lily Kate from Joli House. I had a good time test knitting for her and I really enjoy the final product too, clever construction and cables, all I need to be happy while knitting. Not much of a challenge but enough to keep me interested while knitting.


Here are the specs of my latest creation :

Pattern : Kirkstone by Lily Kate France


 
Yarn : Classic Elite Premiere in pale lavender colorway (maybe not the best choice to knit with cotton but I wanted a hat to wear at spring time) about 1.75 skein used.

Needles : 4mm

Mods : not really mods but a little error in the original pattern (that she corrected after)... I ended with different cable at the crown of 2 sts knit instead of 3, but it's look gorgeous anyway like that so I didn't mind rip it off and do it again. I said it's my personnal touch... they are not supposed to know anyway how it was mean to be huh?




 
I really did enjoy test knit for this cool designer and it was a charm to knit one of her design too ! She kindly offered me another of her design so I will be able to present another creation of her "collection" this year. Thanks again for choosing me to help you out with your new pattern !!!

3 comments:

Maryse said...

Must be fun to test knit! But I'm such a slow knitter... Nice beret!

Kathy said...

I finished mine yesterday and can't wait to wear it.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Oh great hat! Very cute.