Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I am addicted to yarn...

Do you know how much yarn you have hiding here and there ? Do you have plans for it or you buy without a idea of the pattern you would like to make with ? I am a serious knitter since somewhere in 2006 so close to 5 years of knitting for me ! I have a little under 100's projects listed on Ravelry (the few first one aren't listed since it's before Ravelry). I just wanted to know how bad my stash was and made some resolutions :

Here is what my stash look on my queen size bed



A lot, ...too much I would say... I definitely need to reduce my stash before we move later on this year.

Here is the plan :

1. List everything on Ravelry to know exactly what I got (almost there just need to upload my big bucks store purchases).
2. Knit from stash only with two exception I can buy yarn for a knitted gift but need to knit every bit of yarn now of for a test knit.
3. Finish WIP (project touch within 3 months).
4. Finish UFO (project untouched for more than 3 months).
5. Find project to knit for leftover.

I need to be completely honest it won't be easy as I love to buy yarn, but I have no choice, it's sleeping money in boxes ! Plus with a moving ahead it will only make a few boxes less to carry around.

The first box is full of fingering weight


I have a plan to help me out with that box...



Then box number 2 full of worsted, sport and bulky yarn



Then a third one is again full of brand new yarn... different weight



Then a box full of WIP and UFO


My big box's store bought yarn


The last box is very very full of leftovers



Whoa it's a lot !!!


and a little something left... a bag full of WIP and UFO...



OK be honest too and tell me that you also have an uncontrollable stash. I am not the first member of the YAA (yarn addict anonymous).

Hello, my name is Sophie and I am a yarn addict. I will work hard to reduce my stash and buy no more yarn until we move out of here and that I will have more place to store it. Plus I also promise not to buy yarn without a pattern in mind and find stash buster projects to use my leftover quickly.

4 comments:

Jacey said...

You're not the only one! It's good to get things organized and see what you've got to work with. I've got similar goals for the new year. Good luck!

Katie said...

I am so guilty of it. I joined a yarn club this past year and, while I have consistently knit with most of the yarn from the club, I have some very sedentary yarn lurking in opaque bins. I also have a large afghan in progress that, once I have it completed, the yarn remnants will serve some much needed purpose of gift knitting. I moved in October and had to come face to face with all of it. I may have to destash a significant amount of it.

Maryse said...

So funny! Enjoy knitting from your stash! It all looks beautiful!

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Nice stash! Good for you for listing all your yarn on Ravelry - have you finished yet? I'm in the middle of listing mine. This way I can stop buying yarn because I will know what I have and be able to use it.