Friday, July 25, 2008

Slow week

Hey what about an update...


I cast on for a new pair of sock on Saturday and we are now Friday and I did not even see the end of the first one... But I would like to have both sock done by next Friday at 19h because it's the birthday party of one of my friend for her 30 th anniversary and I know that she will really appreciate the work I put in it...but I have to speed up my knitting for sure ! I don't think I have time to knit those by next Friday so I will begin a pair of Grandiflora (the new free pattern we got in SOS08) because I know I can do those in a week for sure...or Nutkins still hesitate between those two...


The pattern is Tilting cable sock in Interweave Knit Winter 2007. So far I really enjoy the cables and the pattern but be aware ther is an error in the begginning of the sock and I did not look...so there is also an error on my sock but no way I was not coming back since it's not too apparent.


I knit on the recommand needle 2.5mm and I think the size is just perfect so far (fit snug) and the yarn I'm using is the Cherry Tree Hills Sockittome in color Gypsy Rose that I had bought in the sale of Yarn and Fiber cie last spring.


Here the closeup


Wish me luck with my gift !

2 comments:

Team Knit said...

That sock looks so pretty so far!

- Julie

ninidee said...

Hi Sophie,

Beautiful socks you have knit! My partner and I are coming to Quebec in just over a week and I wondered if you might have some suggestions about "must-go" places for knitters or spinners that I can visit while I'm there. Thanks.