Monday, November 19, 2007

Fresh news

I did not have enough time to knit since last time but here my progress since the last week... still not receive my new needle I bought on Ebay three week ago (they are coming from China) so last friday I went to my LYS to buy a 5mm circular needle to begin my new baby :
103-34 Blouse with short sleeves knitted in 2 directions with 2 threads ”Alpaca”. Size S to XXX by DROPS design .
I'm using Elann.com Peruvian pure alpaca fina i've received a few ago. The color is "Smoky grappe". It is also the first time I knit with 2 thread at the same time and it goes very well !

So far I'm very happy with how it turned out, the big cable are beautiful and the work goes fast so far I've doned about 15 cm not so bad...
Look at the cable ! I love it truly.

Then on the other hand I'va finished the first Monkey by Cookie A. It's a fun one to do but a bit long, I don't if it's the yarn but it seems to take forever to arrive at the heel. Anyway I'm not sure to buy more of this Colinette jitterbug was sold in error 12$ instead of 25$... so at the double price I think I will go with something less expensive !


They will probably be in the Christmas sock of ... Did you really expect me to say it here !!! You will have to wait ... :).

Finally, I've also received my yarn form Handpaintedyarn.com last Monday, I did not realise it before to have it but it came from Uruguay ! Wow, and I still get it in 5 days in Canada, I'm pretty impressed. Look at it it's Merino bulky in color Soltobosque. I'm a bit sad about the color, I was expecting something more purple and less... brown !

Anyway I will work with it anyway. I'm planning on doing Cherie Amour by Ashley Adams Moncrief with it. Until I have time for it, I'm keeping it fresh....


3 comments:

Team Knit said...

Your monkey socks are great!! And I think the brown will be nice for Amour Cherie.

Sophie said...

Thank you for you encouragement girls !!! As soon as I get my new needle from China I'll cast on for it... can't wait !!!

Anonymous said...

Allo ma belle Sophie!
Ton bas est pas mal réussi je trouve!
Et wow pour ton début de chandail, le motif est très cool, je suis impressionnée!
Va falloir que tu m'apprennes à tricoter un jour!!
Tu gardes ta laine au frigo?! haha!
Bisoux
Josie :)