Monday, June 23, 2008

Pomatomus is driving me crazy !

I just love how this pattern turns out with this yarn. I knitted all day long for the whole week end and here is the result : a first sock is done and the cuff of the number 2 sock is also done... wow ! It went fast. SOS is a perfect motivation to knit faster and to try new pattern without procrastinate with the second sock. Cookie A pattern are so well written that it makes me wanna knit all of her patterns. Pomatomus is now a knitting classis in Ravelry is it because of :

a- the fame of Cookie A
b- the genious pattern
c- the freebie factor
d- the exposure because of Knitty.com
e- all of the above

I would certainly answer e in my case, I love her writting, I love the way the stich pattern looks and I waited so long to knit those because I wanted them to be in the perfect yarn and knitted them perfectly. I love knitty.com because it makes me know new designers and try patterns that are differents. It also a good way to show : "hey I'm a designer, look what I do." Freebies are always a good way to get to know a designer style and writting style.

Look at all the pretty colors. They are definitly a keep for myself those, sorry everyone but they are MINE !!! :) The socks won't match for the colors but I don't care, I did not want to scrap a super long tread of green to match them. I like socks that are not perfectly the same anyway and as humans, socks can't be perfects neither. This is where the fun begins...

Tomorow I can knit all day long because it's day off for everyone here in Quebec, it's the national celebration for Quebec. 400 years of history in Quebec, 400 years of french speaking in america... I will explain a little bit of history about this "nation" tomorow.

2 comments:

Team Knit said...

Your Pomatomus sock looks gorgeous! Love the colours.

- Julie

Anonymous said...

Ils sont très jolis tes bas!!!
J'aime beaucoup le motif!!
On se voit bientôt!
Josie xxx