Saturday, August 23, 2008

Got needles !

I got my needles on last Tuesday... but I did not have time to blog about it even if I'm so happy to have them !!! (I forgot yesterday...too excited by Druid mittens) A set of Knitpick Harmony wood interchangeable circular needles + 4 fixed circular in the size I need to continue on my Thermal that I begun last winter and another for an eventual project... Anyway it's popular size, at least for me !! 2.75mm and 3.25mm are really usuful to complete the set. For once in my orders at Knitpick, service has been fast, just over a week and I even got my email confirmation of shipping before I actually received the package ! I don't know if they change the way they work...but last time it was so long and I got the email confirmation only after I received my order at home !?


I am just happy to finally get some good needles and I pray to be able to keep them in plane...I read that it's easier when the project it already in progress... so I will cast on a few days before just to be sure ! I will also prepare the yarn in a ball to carry it, an open is ok at home but not in plane !

While buying needles, I could not resist and I also buy 3 balls of Crayon yarn this bright green color, I have a green period now I think... green cascade eco+, green crayon, green Druid mittens... lol At least I'm not the only one if I look at projects pages on Ravelry.



And also a skein of lace that I wanted to try on... Shimmer in Turquoise Splendor colorway, it's sparkling and so light, umm I will have to choose carefully my pattern to show this beauty at his fullest glory. Any suggestions ? I don't want any granny style stole... maybe I could just try a swatch in a improvised pattern that I have in mind to see what it look like... Did I mention how soft this yarn is... will plan something to wear next to skin.


2 comments:

sweetp said...

I totally love my KP needles, sure you will just adore them. I swear they make my knitting tidier lol. Love the wool you got also

Anonymous said...

do you like your new needles? I am thinking of getting them. It looks like Spain is wonderful!