Saturday, August 16, 2008

Why not knit mitts

Don't you think august is the best month to knit mittens ? I do ! Weather is going to change fast I am kind of bored by socks for now... so why not switch to something funny and unusual to me. I choose the Druids Mittens from Fall Vogue Knitting 2008. This magazine is awesome, I will ask for a subscription as a present maybe... :)


Come to my mittens...



I had hard time on finding correct gauge, there is no way I was getting it on recommand 3.25 mm ... unless I wanted to put both hand in the same mitten ! I had to get down to 2.25mm, 2.5mm would have been better but they were busy at the moment. 2.25mm give me a snuggly fit that I appreciate on my hand to drive my car. I don't like to wear too big mittens I feel like having bags on my hand instead of mitts. So far it's a popular pattern on Ravelry and I know why, they look complicated but in fact if you know how to knit, purl and do cables, you can do them ! Try them by yourself and you will be surprise how fast they knit up. For exemple, I cast on for them in the evening yesterday and I am halfway of the left mitten. Not bad...



Yarn is my beloved Dream in color smooshy, color Happy Forest. I love love love the way it look so far !



I let you judges, mitts in august ?



Mods none so far but I think I will made them a repeat or two longuer to fit my long fingers and will probably do the same in the thunb section.

No comments: