Friday, August 22, 2008

Magic on my hand !

Yes I am talking about my Druid mittens, I love them a lot ! Clever pattern, fun construction and even if the chart look like very impressive at first look, after a pattern repeat it's always the same till the decrease at the top. I worked almost a full pattern repeat longer to fit in my very long fingers ! I should have done a full pattern repeat, but I'm sure they will strech a bit after washing and light blocking. My only complain except the weird gauge...is that the palm is not strech enough in comparaison to the back of the mitten unfortunatly. As I said light blocking and will see after.
Here the first one :




I did made a mistake, I made the same row twice, but when I saw it I was almost at the end so I decide to live with it and keep it as is. I'm sure I will forget about it sometime and it won't bother me anymore ! hehe !



My mom thought I was kind of crazy doing mitten in the sunnier part of the summer...I agree with her ! But, since I begin on this project we had so much sun and warm weather than I only think that I must have done that before !!!



I am very happy with my gauge on the 2.25mm, if you ever attempt the pattern, really take time to swatch of check after a few row how it looks. When I first cast on with the 3.25mm it was so large it could have almost fit on my head... talking of my head...since I love so much this yarn/pattern combinaison, why not buying another skein to make a matching Druid-ish hat ? Umm, sounds good... I will hunt on Ravelry if I can find a skein cheaper than at the LYS.



Dream in color smooshy if a breeze to work with and the stitches definition is perfect, I rarely give a five a 5 stars rating to anything but this yarn deserved it truly.



And what to say about VK ... I love the magasine, I want it for my birthday !!! :) Anybody heard, if you need a birthday gift idea, VK subscription is the thing that I want...

No comments: