Monday, January 12, 2009

Another pair of sock on her way...

In which I had to cast on for another pair of sock before finishing the two that I already have on needles... yes I swear I had to !!!

I broke my 2.75mm circular and have to wait till next week to get another one and I am getting terrible ladder with DPN on that model (must show you this week about those...) and the other one, well, I forgot about where I am in the model and must have to figure it out before to knit and I was not in the mood to search for over than 1 minute so that's why I had to cast on another pair of sock, I told you it was not my fault... ;)

So here is my fastest pair of sock that I can remember of knitting :

Bellatrix; a pattern inspired by Harry Potter books and by the character of one the Black's sister... I may have to say that my choice of yarn is perfect I think (Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino in color Serengeti which I will talk about in my next post)

Here a little close-up of the drop-stitches pattern


It takes a little bit to master the drop-stitches pattern but once you figure that you don't have to pull too much it's really easy and fun to work in the sock process.I cross my fingers that I will have time to finish the number 2 soon enough and finish the 2 other pairs that are calling my name around here...

3 comments:

Lupie said...

This is a great pattern!
I love Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino.

Iron Needles said...

Those look fun! And I like the yarn, too.

Hey, thanks for stopping by and entering my little contest!

PS I was in Montreal for a week about 5 years ago for a seminar. I loved that city!

Anonymous said...

Love those socks! The color is really amazing. I'm not an orange fan, but I really like that.