Saturday, January 17, 2009

Question #2

It's been a certain time since the mods publish that question but it's really a hard one : If you could only knit or crochet with one brand of yarn for the rest of the year, what would it be and why? The important word in the sentence is BRAND, not weight, type or any other thing but the Brand... umm really hard I said it already.

My heart is torn because I did had the chance to try all the yarn that I would like too, like Malabrigo, I played a lot with it, but I did not knit anything but swatch in it.

My perfect brand would have those characteristics :
- Have a large choice of weight, including fingering for socks
- Large choice of color
- At least one good merino yarn
- Soft as possible
- Easily accessible for me

With those I am down to 2 brands : Malabrigo and Cascade as most of the participant in the swap I think but it's true that they are both very good brand and nice to work with. So I'll be a bad girl and give the result as a tie, they both win in my heart !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sophie
I visted your blog "par hasard" . I was looking for informations about sock's books and I really enjoyed it. I love your socks too.
For your answers, I think I will choose PATONS for everything : the variety, the quality and their availibility.,,,in Montreal.
Bye !