Thursday, January 15, 2009

Speechless

Yesterday was in the same day a very hard day as BF was leaving to go back to work foreign for another 8 weeks but also a very good one as I had my angel box from Season swap (Fall one). I know now well into winter but I am SO happy that I had to wait to have an angel in my swap life and now my apartment have more yarn in it and gorgeous one !!!

The fabulous MarthaG from Ravelry is my Angel this time and truly, she is amazing and did such a great spoiler job as she stalked over me and look at my likes and dislikes and even think about including an handmade soap in a scent that I will enjoy (and I am, truly)
Look at the haul !
First of all I found a very kind word from her and all the though she put into my box...
She sent me one book that I was thinking about buying lately on Amazon : Knitting Socks With Handpainted Yarn by Carol Sulcoski and it's full of gorgeous pattern I can't wait to try my hand on and she also included 2 patterns : Koollass that I am dieing to try for a very long moment and Japanese wine scarf to do some lace and needless to say that she also included all the yarn that I need to do those 2 patterns : a big skein of O-wool 100% certified organic merino in blue for the hat and deep green Malabrigo lace for the scarf !! (very very happy !)
Then it's why I am speechless : 4 skeins of Shi Bui sock yarn !!! 2 in Peacock for a pair of sumptuous sock and 2 contrasting (wasabi and Mulberry) to try my hand on color work with the help of the second book that she sent me : The knitting answer book by Margaret Radcliffe which will be very helpful to improve my techniques on many points.
She also included extra goodies : a namaste case in green, cable needles that she said liking for herself, the soap I talked about previously and coffee... umm the smell of that coffee made me want for caffeine just for the scent of it ! It's a fair trade one from Guatemala and I am ready to grind it and try it in my new Espresso/Cappuccino machine !
Thank you Martha, you are very generous and I appreciate everything and the time and money you put in that box for me, your are wonderful and it's a small thing to say that you made my day ...

3 comments:

sweetp said...

wow!!!!!!

Unknown said...

So glad you enjoyed the package, Sophie. I enjoyed putting it together for you.

Megan said...

I have the knitting answer book and it's very well written and clear.

I'm making Koolhaas for my husband with some Cascade 220 I just picked up. Did you make it yet? Is it tricky?