Tuesday, July 6, 2010

FO : Capitan hat

Another FO in no time was done! Cool huh ? I am quite a bit behind on my blog because of the bad weather we had last week, that was not fun to take pictures in my condo, so I waited until today to take the coolest pictures with the big bright sun !

I also use leftover of yarn which is always a good news and I had fun too. Bonus point, it fits me well too even if it's not for me...



Pattern : Capitan hat by Rosi Garmendia

Needle : 6mm

Yarn : Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Bulky in wine color, about 1 skein (137 yards)

Cast on and cast off : June 28Th



Mods : Umm it wasn't enough long after 3 repeats of the cable repeat as stated in the pattern, so I added one more repeat before the decrease. I also improvised a bit in the decrease as I don't really like to follow pattern for that, I know what to do anyway to make a cute decrease.
First hat with a brim, I must have to admit that I like it and it makes me smile. Did you see the perfect buttons I had in stock for this hat ?

===
6276 yards knitted so far in 2010 and this one is my 17th FO of 2010 !! not bad...

3 comments:

Katie said...

Your hat looks great! I've had this one in my queue for awhile, I should really sit down and make it; I've got the yarn and everything!

Emily said...

Love it! Great colors too, and wonderful that you were able to use some of your stash! :)

Maryse said...

It was worth the wait for the photos! I didn't know I was so late in my blog reading. You have so many new FOs... Very nice cap! Great color!