Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fo : Wisp

Yes I did a project in less than a week and I'm betting record as my secret project is goiing to be done under a week as well too, but I can't talk about it anymore because SHE is reading !!! lol Hello Josiane...
About my wisp now, proudly presenting


Moumou wearing it



While blocking


It's in full glory

Spec of my Wisp

Needle : size US 8 / 5.0 mm

Yarn : Crystal Palace Yarns Kid Merino (I ran out of yarn and I had to use my cast on tail to cast off and even another thread I had very similar for the last 8 stiches !!!)

Colorway : Ultra Blues

Notes : I use the Flexible Edge Cast-Off suggested by Evelyn Clark and Cat Bordhi. This gives a beautifully flexible edge that’s just wonderful for shawls. It blocks extremely well.


Knit two, * return to the left needle, knit two together through the back loop, knit one, repeat from the * . Actually, I skip the returning to the left needle part and knit two together on the right needle after inserting the left needle into the front loops.

It's even stretchier than my very loose cast on I recommand it on lace.

And finally, I'm sure now that I love making lace and I will shop to find another fun laceweight project to do somewhere in the future.

About another FO, my Lazulie booties finally got button sew on, hopefully because I will give them tomorow morning as we do a little something to say bye bye to future mommy Janie. Look at them now they are done.


Oh! Almost forgetting... cross your finger for tonight game I want the HABS to win this one also!

3 comments:

Team Knit said...

Your Wisp is gorgeous! and those booties are very cute, too.

- Julie

Anonymous said...

Bien sûr que je lis!!!!!!! :)
J'ai hâte! Mon frère n'a rien voulu me révéler....!!!
C'est très joli ce que tu as fait!
Et ça va surtout très bien à Moumou!!!! Vive moumou!
Passe une belle journée!
Josie xxx

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely! I think I should do a couple of these for Christmas presents.