Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday knitting

Yesterday was a short post... so I take a few moments to show what I begun today, yes I know another new project, I need to finish something soon. But when I hit a little bump I prefer to switch to another project instead of unravel my work. I hate to work backward!


So I received this week a new yarn : Crystal Palace Kid Merino in color "Ultra Blues". Since it's my first time buying and using laceweight yarn, I only bough one skein and found a lovely pattern : Wisp which have been published on Knitty.com , this is what it will look like when I will be done on this :

Pretty hum ? I do like the fluffy look and the classic-chic texture... This is wehre I am after a few row today :

Not bad so far I think it's pretty easy but I can't go fast I have to check and count my stitches to be sure I don't end with 2-3 stitches short than suppose. The yarn is fun to work with and I found that it's softer when knit than in the ball, good thing because I won't be wearing the ball but a knitted garment after all !

About other yarn news, I did receive my BO from http://www.yarnandfiber.com/ it has been really quick to get it and as usual from them, quick delivery and no shipping cost... I love that! Good thing that the March Madness sales are finished because when it's about sock yarn...

Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome Yarn in color Gypsy Rose

And finally a very romantic attention from Mr Wonderful yesterday he came back from work with...

a dozen of red roses... wow ! I cannot dream of a better BF in my life. I love you too honey !

1 comment:

Team Knit said...

That Wisp looks great- can't wait to see yours all finished! And the roses are lovely- lucky girl!!

-Julie