Monday, October 13, 2008

Fo : Kiwi Green Gable

Yes I did complete the whole thing yesterday night, but had to wait for some light and a person to play photographer (read my mom) before to able to show you my hard work !!!


Please have a seat and enjoy the view...




Name of the pattern : #28 Vihervaara-huppari / GreenGable - hoodie

Availabre in the Vogue knitting magazine fall 2008


Cast on : September 5th when I leave for my travel in Spain

Cast off : October 12nd


I could have finish was faster but I had some distractions in between start and finish and for sure I did not knit at all in Spain.


Needles : 6.5 mm Kitpicks interchangeable wood harmony (I LOVE THEM !)

Size : 36-38 (I was a bit off gauge so I played in between the 2 sizes)


Yarn : Cascade Eco +, under 2 skein of yarn

The yarn is really cool and I recommand it. The stiches definition is clear and it react really real to unraveling (since I did the yoke twice and frogged some part quite a few time it was helpful to have a yarn like this). I have another full skein in this color + another skein in red, I'll find another fun project to work it. I really like the fact that the ball is big and has enough yardage you can actually do a short sleeve sweater out of one single ball and it was pretty cheap (14.95$ canadian).


Pattern note : Umm, the first thing I want to say is a good thing : the sweater construction and fit is fantastic, I love it and will wear it a lot this winter for sure. The second thing I want to point out is that it's not really a beginner pattern because a lot of parts in the pattern are unclear and you have to know how to resolve your own problem to go through the whole thing. In general it does look like to most of Vogue pattern, errors in the pattern, unclear and really helpful to read other persons comment on Ravelry or on their blog for sure !!!


First sweater of the year, maybe I'll have time to knit another one by the end of the year :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

really cute hoodie!! Love that color.

Lupie said...

Wow!!! This sweater looks awesome and such a great fit. It has two of my favorite things, cables and it's green!

adrienne said...

Gorgeous, I love it! If only I could finish mine...

Team Knit said...

It's so pretty, and turned out so well!! Gorgeous sweater. Great job!!!

- Julie

Anonymous said...

love it.

whereabouts does one purchase the Cascade Eco+ (I've been searching out great Canadian yarn stores)? you can email me at dana@rbtd.com if you happen to have any ideas...thank you

love the sweater!