Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Spain part 3 and a little knit

Yes I am quite late in my travel description I know... :) Since it's not a month I'm back it's still ok to talk about it again.


Location number in our travel in Spain : Madrid. Such a beautiful city... I can close my eyes and think about it for a very long time. Madrid is really a cool city to visit by foot, we rent an appartment about 5 minutes of walk away from Plaza Mayor, one of the greatest attraction or Madrid. That was fun not being in another hotel but in a place that feels a little more like home and provided an internet access as well.


We use all the bit of spanish we knew to be understood and ask our way around. The best tool we had was the Lonely Planet guide for Madrid, for sure wherever I may go in the future I will definitly get one of those ! They are small, handy and very useful to find interests points, a good restaurant or habits of the locals (like what time to go to restaurant or where to go depending on day or time).

We are such experts at reading the map that we kept on getting lost around the town and discovering some amazing stuff but not really the stuff we were heading to. The best one is when we were trying to go to Plaza Mayor on the first day. We turned on left instead of right on the "main street" and we walked the other side for like 20 minutes and then we kind of realize that we were not exactly going in the right direction and we had to pratice our spanish a bit. If you had seen the look on her face when we asked her for direction. She probably thinked, what are those crazy tourists... Finally we gave up on walking that time and took a little taxi ride to Plaza Mayor...




Here a picture of me on the morning to Plaza Mayor




Then we walked and walked to look at all the lovely building and statues. We also went to Museo del Prado to look at some major painting of Picasso and some cool statues again. And to Museo del Reina Sophia (or something like that, have to check for the right name) anyway to my Museum with a major painting : Guernica, totally crazy this painting is so much for their culture in Spain.


Another focal point is the Palacio


The inner court ...


The outside and his park


Another thing we think was funny, on the last night in Madrid we head out of restaurant around 1 o'clock in the morning and there was people everywhere !!! Kiddo with their parents, tourist, couple, bunch of friends, it's was a long week end and evrybody was out in the middle or the night in the streets. So strange for us but it was really fun to see it !


Here a pic of the crowd and the cool building (a theater)


But the thing I miss the most about Madrid is my BF, Mr. Wonderful !


Here the knit part... yesterday I was looking for stash busting project and found the Vine lace baby hat on Knitting daily.


Here the little cutie ...


Specs.


Pattern : Vine lace baby hat on Knitting daily by Interweave knit

Needles : 3.5mm Bamboo DPN

Size : 3-6 months

Yarn about 0.15 skein of Noro Kureyon Sock in color S150 (left over from my Pomotamus socks)

I only have to wash it and block, but I can of like the look of it just the way it is...


Note : I did not make this hat for any other reasons that the pattern is tooooo cute !!! and I will have enough yarn left to make matching booties in the next few days to use the yarn. I also made a commitment to myself try to use my leftovre of sock yarn as soon as possible. I will be enough unisex to be use for my future baby maybe... who knows... The pattern is easy and fun to knit, just have to pay attention to YO because I missed some and have to rip 2 rows, that was not fun with Noro sock yarn... but I do survive and love the result. Unfortunatly I have no baby to model so I use yarn, my only baby for now after all.


Good night for now and stay tuned for last city visited : Barcelona and for sure more knit !

4 comments:

Lupie said...

Love to hear about and see travel photos. Hope to go to Spain someday. My daughter went on her honeymoon 3years ago and had a great time. She and her husband had no problem with the language because they are both spanish speaking.
The hat is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh trop cute!!
Ça me prendrait bien un petit neveu ou une petite nièce pour aller avec ce joli petit chapeau hein?
Hahaha!!! ;)
Passe une belle journée!
Josiane xx

Anonymous said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Spain - so jealous!! :)

The baby hat is very cute! I love Noro, but I never think it's soft enough! :)

Maryse said...

I also went to Spain in May 2008! I loved this trip. What a beautiful and warm country!