Saturday, October 18, 2008

Spain part 4 : Barcelona

Yes it is the last city of my trip to Spain last month... it's now a month ago that I came back to real life and I miss the time I spent over there so much and my BF much more...

(Talking about BF, it's our 7th year anniversary on today ! Love you baby... xoxox)

Okay here about Barcelona : we rent an hotel room just next to the ocean, it was pretty fun to walk by the ocean. We had great temperature again, but we feel in the air it was closer to fall as the night were cold. An interesting point is that the other city where all about Picasso and Barcelona is all about Gaudi. It was refreshing to see another artist work. His masterchief (still incomplete) is the Sagrada familia Church. We can talk about a very long contruction time... it all began in 1882. Gaudi works on the church design and construction for over 40 years and he spent the final 15 years of his life only working on it. The church is planned to be done in 2026 (yes 144 years to achieve it) 100 years after Gaudi's death. It only have stopped aroung 1926 during Spanish civil war and the architects worked really hard to respect Gaudi original design even though some of his worked have been destroyed by Catalan anarchists.

The Church will have a total of 18 towers representing the 12 Apostles, the Four Evangelist, Virgin Mary and tallest one Jesus Christ. Really this Church worth the sight !
After we also visited another Gaudi creation : Park Güell. I was a bit tired to walk a lot in the park but it was beautiful. Sculptures, trees and flowers everywhere.

Casa Baltiò (also Gaudi's work)



The arena where the Corrida is held in Barcelona


So here we are at the end of my superb trip in Spain with my BF. Already a month ago, I cannot believe how fast time is flying these days. Hopefully the fastest the time pass, the close I am to be with my BF again !

Knitting now : I cast on for a new treat yesterday and it's SO much fun I can't stop knitting on this. Have to say I waited so long to order the yarn I am pretty excited just by playing with it and it holds his promesses.

I'm talking about Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style I received for my birthday and Noro Silk Garden yarn in color 272. I made it only 6 square wide instead of 7.


Yes green again but at least it's not ONLY green... ;)


I have already 2 skeins knitted and I bought 8. I will see after 4 if I'll order more (Noro yarn are again on sale on Yarn and fiber cie website this website).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear blogger! I see you have a lot of interest in travelling. It would be an honour if you would register at TravelBoards (PR3 Multilanguage travel forum) and become a respected member of this new community! Signature links to your blog are accepted. I hope to welcome you soon!

Lupie said...

The church is something else!
I love Gaudi's work so odd and interesting.
I love noro yarn and the scarf is perfect for it.