Monday, December 29, 2008

2 cowls and a Merry Christmas !

It's what happens in my life in the past 4 days. BF is finally home from Algeria for 3 weeks, yipee ! and we had a wonderful Christmas together and we had been very spoiled as usual ! :)


I only have picture of the first cowl, I need to go back at my mom's house to get decent pictures of the second one.

The first cowl is for my grandma, who request a thin,blue, not to big, not to special kind of scarf to keep her neck warm. So with all the specifications, I came up with the Bainbridge scarf pattern and the Silky wool (Elsebeth Lavold) in Periwinkle color. I first intend to knit her a clapotis out of this yarn but that was not right for her finally...

In progress using my new stich markers

So here the final results :

Specs :

Pattern : Bainbridge scarf by MintyFresh

Size: one size

Needles : 3.75mm circular

Yarn : Elsebeth Lavold in Periwinkle color, about half a skein


Oh ! and I have to tell, I got a skein of sock yarn at Christmas !!! I am SO much amazed to receive it !!! Yippee !!! It's a skein of Trekking hand art by Zitron cie in color Atlantik 506 and 2.5mm DPN, so I'll stop running to get some :) Thanks Josie !!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Bainbridge scarf is wonderful! I've been wanting to make one of those for myself!

Love the sock yarn!

Team Knit said...

your bainbridge looks awesome!!

-julie

Montreal Mama said...

What a great gift you got there! Never seen that handpainted yarn before, only their commercial stuff.

Also - I love your Bainbridge Scarf, I have that one in my Queue!