Saturday, December 27, 2008

Why did I started to knit ?

This is the first bi-weekly question for Warm the eve up winter swap, and I have to tell this is a hard one to answer under 100 words... :) I first learned as a child about 5-6 years old I think. I bother my grandma for hours to help me out with the book I found in the basement about learning to knit. Since I didn't know how to read at that time, I figure out mostly with the pictures but I did not really know how to do it. So when my mom came back from work she taught me how to knit and purl but I never stick to it. It was way too long for me to knit a single row !

So in 2006, I had a jaw bone surgery which requiered me to be quiet for several weeks at home. So I bought some yarn and needle at the nearest big box store and I head to Internet to learn again how to cast on, knit, purl and everything. And a few weeks before my surgery I bought myself a book or patterns and some wool to make myself my first scarf and hat set.

This is how I am addicted to knitting since over 2 years now !

1 comment:

Lupie said...

What would life be like without yarn!!!!
I wish you and your family a happy and most of all healthy New Year with lots of knitting!