Friday, December 5, 2008

Once upon a time

In the cold month of march 2008, a cute jacket was cast on with great hope of being done fast and that it will sort out to suit me well. Unfortunatly, the evil witch of bad luck in knitting appears around the project and it came out with a fabric with no adequate drape and was too big for me. So the godmother of the knitter made that project sleep for months and month to decide what to do about it before to do the sleeve. Should I frog, should I keep going, should I ... ?



In november, the godmother whisper to me the best thing to do was to frog and use the yarn to create a cute baby gift for a coworker of my boyfriend. Since she was expecting her first child and do not want to know the gender before birth, it was the perfect color and a simple, quick little baby gift to cast on with.
So I brave the evil witch and begun to remove the seams and frog as I knit the cute little cardigan for the baby to be. I could hear the witch while I knitted it smiling and trying to bother me with some old knots I didn't remember of the bad counting of decrease but I bravely knitted throught and I cast off with a smile of victory.

Now it' all quiet and the peace is back again in knitting land around here. The evil witch is defeated and I'll be aware for her return...


Baby cardigan blocking


I'll show FO shots as soon as it will be dry.

2 comments:

Lupie said...

Love the story and the new sweater. Can't wait to see more pictures.

sweetp said...

Great story :)