Thursday, April 15, 2010

FO : Easter'S baby surprise jacket

Yes I did the most classic baby's sweater for my daughter... but so cute and modern colors I couldn't resist. Most of all I was dying to try out the yarn I received from my swap parthner in South Africa and also the uber cute buttons inclosed in the swap package too !!!

Here are the spec of my Easter pleasure...

Pattern : Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann



Yarn : directly from South Africa (I called it my world cup project because of it... lol) Bambi Yarn from Vinnis colours made of 70% Organic cotton and 30% Bamboo. 3 colorway : the bright orange is Tangerine, the yellow is Sunshine and the red is Tomato. Yarn is perfect for baby knitting and I would totally came back from South Africa with a full trunk of local products if they are so cool and well made.

Needle : 4 mm

Size : This is the charm of this pattern : the yarn and needles you used made the size of the pattern, with a Dk weight and 4mm needles is says that the sweater will be about 9 months in size, which is about true in my case when I check on other pieces of clothing I have. Hopefully it will fit my daughter next winter...


The other super cute feature are the buttons star-shaped made by hands by south african woman too... really if baby wasn't planned for July, I would book my vacation over there to discover this wonderful country and buy a bunch of local products...for now I will follow up the Football World Cup with my love and find some place on Internet to restock on those cool yarn and buttons... :)

Last detail about my FO : machine washable and unisex so our next creation will also be able to wear it...

2 comments:

Maryse said...

Must be nice to write: ".. for my daughter"! Super cute and sunny jacket, taking a sun bath itself! Good work!

Julie said...

So cute!! Like a burst of sunshine. :)