Saturday, April 17, 2010

I must be crazy... or just preggo...

Just after we bought the stroller (bright turquoise !!!) the future father went shopping at superstore and went back home with 2 big skeins of Bernat Baby Sport in white and turquoise and a big smile. He was so proud to buy yarn to match stroller and ask me if I want to do something for our girl...

Sure I want !!!!

But I had a crazy idea : a baby blanket with color changing blocks and too much ends to weave and sew in to make all those block an actual blanket ... but if I can transfer my love for my daughter into that blanket, I know that she will understand that not even born I love her so much and so her father.

Here are my progress so far :



7 squares so far (one missing on the picture) and another almost done on the 8th square too. They are not hard to do but just boring, I need other project to keep my knitting mojo alive and kick my a** to do one more square again...



If I make a stroller blanket I will probably make a total of 16 squares plus a border all around the blanket but we'll see after I sewed first 2 big square soon...

Let see how crazy a mom to be can be...

4 comments:

Julie said...

what a great idea!! the blanket looks like it's going to be just perfect.

Maryse said...

It will be a beautiful blanket! And a nice story to tell!

katili said...

Awww, love those colors! Good luck :)

kalyle said...

congrats on the news that it's a GiRl!!! where is your gorgeous lake Sophie, is that your cottage in all the pics? Tellement beau =)