Thursday, April 29, 2010

Knit and crochet blog week

I just found out on Maryse blog, a knitter from Montreal, this cool event

The Knit and Crochet Blog week since it's held from April 26th to May 2nd I will do a little more today to get back on track about it :)



Day 1

How and when did you begin knitting/crocheting?

Umm... I already talked about it a bit here a few years ago but I will do it again. I first learn to cast on, knit and purl after seeing knitting in a craft book that my mother has in her library. It was a old and dusty book from the '70. I kept asking for days then she finally install me with string and sticks to knit. I was about 5 years old if I remember well. I knitted 2 or 3 "squares" of knit and purl all messed up. It was colorful and probably artsy in my mother's terms.

No one had ever knitted in front of me before that moment. I have truly no idea why I wanted SO much to learn. My mom knit a little and know the basics but that's all. She was oblige to learn it at school as a teen.

That was almost that before the few years...

Then in 2006 I had a lot of time on my hands and I wanted to do something creative and went shopping for yarn (acrylic..!!) and knitted...

THAT
That was not so cool and I never wear it as well as the assorted scarf that took me weeks to do. The yarn is itchy and I hate it !!!

Day 2

Blog about a pattern or project which you aspire to.

Umm hard one because I have decided that I tried every single thing to be fearless by the end of 2010. I am currently working on my color work skills and ordered yarn to do a project with my first steek !!! So we'll see by the end of the year but I have great confidence in me that I can accomplish anything.

Day 3

One great knitter

Gosh ! Only one... I love Ravelry for that reason because I discover many and many great knitters everyday. I love to watch FO and look at my friends work too. So every knitter can be a great knitter and just knitting something harder and achieve it makes you a great knitter too !

Day 4

A New Skill

A new skill that I would like to know. I would say crochet in general... as knitting I did crochet a bit when I was young. My grandma was a crocheter and knit simple crochet some other stuff more complicated. I would like to sit and actually take time to be comfortable with a hook. I already bought the Babette blanket pattern and just need to crochet now !

1 comment:

Maryse said...

J'aime ton attitude: reprendre le retard! Steeks? Tu as toute mon admiration! Il faudra sûrement que je l'essaie un jour par contre... J'adore le tricot car il y a tellement de techniques! Et que dire si on y ajoute le crochet! Happy Blog Week!