Wednesday, April 14, 2010

FO : Tilted for Olympics

Over a month ago during the Olympics I did challenge myself to knit not one but two complete sweater during the event and I did accomplished the whole thing but I never posted about sweater number 2, the proof that I knitted like a crazy to achieve my challenge !

Here are the specs of the Tilted for Olympics

Pattern : Tilted Duster by Norah Gaughan (published in Interweave knit, Fall 2007)

Needles : 6 mm

Yarn : 5.2 skeins of Cascade 200 in white

Size : 40.5 medium size since I grew from everywhere with pregnancy...

Cast on : February 16th

Cast off : February 28th during curling finals


With my 24 weeks and 2 days belly ...




I love, just love this sweater and it's a perfect fit for a maternity sweater since you can wrap it around the belly if you are cold or keep it open with buttons attached... The only thing I am glad to had thing before casting on, planning on growing breast too, I knitted a little bit more ease for breast and now it's full !!!

Also second time with Cascade 220, it went smooth again and I still understand why it's so used : not expansive, impressive choice for coloways and also fun to knit with. A must for your stash and your future projects !!!

2 comments:

Maryse said...

A Tilted in less than two weeks? You're my knitting hero ;-) It's beautiful and yes, it looks like the perfect maternity knit! Looks so comfortable too! Congratulations! It's fabulous!

Julie said...

It's fantastic!! And looks great with your baby bump!