Saturday, November 29, 2008

FO : TTL mystery sock

Another FO, I am very productive these weeks, it must be Christmas coming that makes me knit faster ! :) So my feet are now cozy in a new pair of sock and don't try anything, those are for me, me me !!!
Here are the Spec
Pattern : TTL Mystery Sock by Kirsten Kapur
Needle : Good old 2.5mm DPN
Yarn : Claudia Hand Painted Yarns Fingering in color Twilight that I receive from Ragdoll in Valentine Day swap last february. About 95% of 2 skeins.
Size : 7.5 to fit me !
Cast on : November 21st
Cast off : November 29th
Mod : I did only one repeat for leg of the cable because I was worried about running out of yarn (I really was in target because if I hadn't, I'd to make contrasting color toes). So I had to readjust the cable pattern on the feet as well and I am really pleased about the final result.
The pattern si so clever and FREE, you have to try it for sure ! Any sock knitter that had tried the pattern so far are unanimous : this is a win, never boring, good construction, well written. So what are you waiting for ? Go and knit yourself a pair or two !!! :)
About the yarn : I am in love, even if the yardage is a bit short it's ok if you don't like long sock to make you a pair of regular women sock. The yarn is smoochy and it's a pleasure to knit it at every stitch.

Off to make another FO soon...

2 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Great socks! I have that pattern in my queue!

Lupie said...

Nice socks great colorway!