Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 7 (umm maybe more like day 10...)

Subject for today : talk about a yarn

Ummmmmmm yarn....what kind of knitter I would be if I wasn't yarn addict ? Since my love for knitting grew with the year, my stash also grew in reasonable proportions I think. I am almost cold sheep now (no yarn bought since a certain time for non-knitters). My last purchase was in October 2009 from Knit Picks when my knitting group made an order and I had some needs, like yarn for the sweater of Zachary, my nephew. I was doing great almost 6 months without any addition to my stash...

but last week end, I was visiting a web site that I like and saw they had a sale on Cascade 220 !!! I argue with myself for about 5 minutes and then decided to go smart and choose projects before yarn. I ended spending 85$ for 14 skeins of Cascade 220, no shipping fees. Not bad huh ?

Here a little proof of my new babies



The 2 others colors are saved for a vest for me (bright pink and dark brown) after I am back to my normal weight, I am too big now with my preggo belly/body to take measurements anyway ...

The green yarn will be for a Central Park Hoodie for me



and the purple for a Seed Stitch Baby Jacket for my daughter



and I know since my last uses of Cascade products why they are loved so much by knitters : they come in many many colors, they are affordables, easy to knit, easy to wash and they stay well shaped and in good conditions even after wash. They are also super good to felt.

No comments: