Sunday, May 16, 2010

Double FO : Baby Jacket and Aviatrix hat


Had this little Cascade yarn coming by the mail 2 weeks ago and I made a promise to myself : use it as soon as possible to make the baby's jacket and also use those uber-adorable buttons receive from South Africa in the favorite thing swap last year. (by the way thanks again to my spoiler if you read this) So mission accomplished and double accomplishment by also making mods on a pattern AND made a second project to match the first one and use the last button.

Specs of the jacket :

Pattern : Seed Stitch Baby Jacket by Elinor Brown
Needle : 4.5 mm
Yarn : 1.65 skein (165 grams) of Cascade 220 Heather in color Aster
Size made : 6-9 months

Cast on May 4th and cast off May 15th

Mods : First of all the most obvious....no hood, I preferred to make a collar instead. Also opted for a regular button placement one under the other one to make adjustments easier and to facilitate my life too with baby girl.... Then I made a little brodery of a cat on the sweater to embelished it.



Can't wait to try it on my girl :)




Then specs and pics for the second part of the show...

Pattern : Aviatrix baby hat by Justine Turner
Needle : 4.5 mm and 5 mm
Yarn : 0.40 skein (40 grams) of Cascade 220 Heather in color Aster
Size : 6 months

Cast on May 15th and cast off May 16th

Mods : I made the worsted weight instructions except that I had a repeat of the 12 rows section because I found that was a little on the short side and I prefer to be sure that the back of the head will be well covered too. The only comment less positive about that pattern was the cast on suggested (cable cast on) not enough strechy for a hat so next one will be in a strechy cast on and cast off.

BUT my overall comments are : superb, cute and addictive pattern ! I am already planning making one for my nephew. :) It was also a very good refresh on wrap and turn too.


2 comments:

Maryse said...

It is so cute! I love matching pieces of baby knits. Love the little cat you added... Mini-Sophie will look pretty for sure with it ;-)

Julie said...

SO CUTE!! I love the little cat, that's such a perfect touch.