Wednesday, May 5, 2010

FO : Daddy's sock of doom...

Finally just cast off these never ending socks for my dad... remind me to choose my project accordingly to my level and also to my taste. I made two important mistake before even casting on for this project : choose a project that I dislike and too easy for me AND choose a project I don't find cute anyway. I knit to make beautiful projects and see my knitting like an art, this piece will be the weird one in my museum, or maybe the piece of conversation... lol.



Spec

Pattern : Basic sock formula
Needle : 2.5 mm
Yarn : Regia sock yarn

Cast on : somewhere on August 2008
Cast off : 2010 May 5th

Mods none, enjoyment factor below zero and satisfaction to finally get myself to finish it : priceless. It's the thing I am proudest about this pair of sock, I did finish them after all...

Best part of my day to finally be zen about this :



I made a little fire with the leftovers of the yarn and the pattern !!!

Now I can truly enjoy my vacations...


2 comments:

Maryse said...

;-) I think they look great! Full of love! Your father is going to be delighted! The fire made me laugh though...

kalyle said...

tellement drole ... surtout la difference entre commencement et fini :o) J'ai quelque projets interminables comme ca. xoK