Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Book review : Favorite socks


Favorite socks (25 Timeless designs from Interweave)

I just received it as a gift for my birthday and I am really pleased with it. Since I know Interweave I am a big fan of most of the pattern they published and I am also a new member to the magazine. So I asked for it and now that it is in my hand... umm I can hardly resist to buy many and many yarn to try a lot of patterns in it !
I really like the fact that there are many type of pattern, really simple rib, great lace work, men confort socks, colorwork sock with intarsia. Also some pattern have many size even to fit a child or go from a woman size to a man size. It will for sure increase the number of sock I will cast on this year.
It contains 25 patterns as said on the cover, 19 from previous issues of Interweave and 6 brand new designs to be sure that even you have all issues since 1996 it still a good value.
The book also shown great picture at least two for each models and since it's on a spiral it makes the book to be durable and easy to leave it open at the good page as long as you want. Above I have included some pictures to get you to get your own opinion on it but be sure to so soon a pair of sock from this book here !



1 comment:

Team Knit said...

What a great birthday gift!! Happy belated birthday!
- Julie