Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy birthday to me !

Hello ! back from the other end of the world and today is also back to real world as well. Yesterday was my birthday and I had a surprise at the restaurant, I was expecting to lunch only with my BF and my parents, but surprise, my brother, his GF, the family of my BF, a bunch of friends ! WOW ! I love surprises...

Look what wonderful books I got... Yummy, I can't wait to begin something and on top of it all, my only brother is going to be a first time father, so I will have plenty of baby stuff to do, yay!!!


Then about new knitting stuff, as soon as I've been able not to sleep (stupid jet lag) I have begun theses Mock Croc socks from knitpicks.com. And the are a really good way to get yourself busy when you woke up at 2 o'clock in the morning...


And now about my super trip in Middle-East... umm we took about 300 pictures... so I can qualified it of a very good vacation ! We visited Dubai in UAE, Doha in Qatar and Muscat in Oman, and since we had 13 hours of transit at Amsterdam airport.... we can say that we have been in 4 countries in 12 days ! Cool huh?

Look just this one... It is the Burj Al'Arab which means the Arabia tower. It have been taken from Jumeira hotel.


Then this one is Burj Dubai, the Dubai tower. It is still in construction for a while, it is going to be the tallest building in the world. The tall has not been announced yet because the Cheik don't want his tower to be surpassed now. But in the way that it is constructed they can make it bigger if they want.

It is obvious that they don't have law for workers because they work for 24 hours shifts, and the project have at least a death by month ! But it is still very very impressive.


Then, what could have been a trip like this without a try on camel back and Dune Bashing... Dune bashing have been the wildest adventure of our trip. Our driver was a crazy local man, we were listening to Rihanna, 50 cent and stuff like that while bashing !!! I was not expecting people out there to like the same kind of music that here !!!



To conclude today, what can I can say... umm Dubai was so fun but not so far away from what happens here. Except for the arabic signs it look like a lot for what we can find in America. I hope to be able to get back there one day when Dubailand will be open and when I could visit Burj Dubai as well.

No comments: