Friday, January 11, 2008

Drop Blouse back in force !




I finally get back to my Drop Blouse from Garn Studio, it was left all alone since many week because I had to pick stiches for the bottom part and I wasn't able to arrive at the good number so yesterday morning I kick myself to do it witout further delay. I'm really proud of myself now because it look really nice and since I achieved the "picking part" for the bottom successfully I will not wait for a long time to finish the whole thing...


Then, my Mock croc sock are coming out slowly but really nice too, they will be higher than my previous socks. I can see a big progression yet since my first socks back in last october, see by yourself :

January work : Mock croc sock by Knitpicks.com

January work : Little Sky sock from "New pathways for sock knitters book one"

I cast them on today they are for my nephew/niece to be born in the year. I'll talk about my new book in another post this month... but as you can say The number 1 sock made out of it looks really great and I will do his pal tonight or tomorow for sure and later on when we will now if it's a boy or a girl I'll add some cute ribbons on it !



October work : Sweatpea from knitty.com

It has been my first attempt on knitting sock and it went really well, also first time working in the round for this project. A lot of first timer techniques all coming really nicely together in a pair of sock. I wear it a lot since then and I will definetly use the same yarn again (ONline supersocke)



Talking of success, yesterday I watch a very good Disney movie : Meet the Robinson. Wow, I wasn't expecting to be that kind of movie ! The story is telling us to "Keep moving forward" and to even celebrate failure because we have learn from it. This thinking is inspired by the founder of Disney himselk : Walt Disney which have been a great man and one of death celeb person I would have meet if time travel is possible one day... like in this movie.... umm future is close to our doors... Anyway, maybe I'm partial because I love animation movies, but I you have not seen it yet, try it !


Oh, I was almost forgetting !!! I finally got my swap questionnaire for my pal in Be my valentine swap 2008. It is my first swap ever and I am pretty excited now !!! I will go to shop for some stuff right today: candies, chocolate, yarn of course !!! Youpi !!! Maybe you are in the swap and maybe, my pal.... it's a secret.

1 comment:

Team Knit said...

Ooh, that drop blouse is looking great!! Can't wait to see the FO.

- Julie