Saturday, November 15, 2008

FO : Lady Eleanor

Oh yes I did it ! It took me more time than expected because I kept on getting distracted by everything in order to do the fringe which was waiting for over a week on my couch. I wear it the whole day yesterday after doing the fringe. I LOVE it so much.

Warm, cozy and so trendy ! My mom actually want to herself one too (would be her first project for over 20 years...must have interest her a lot !) We tried for long yesterday night to take a good picture of this beauty, but with the rain pictures are really hard to take these days. So here it is modeled by my mom.





Lying in my living room

Spec of the project

Pattern : Lady Eleanor by Kathleen Power Johnson (in Scarf Style book)
Needle : 6.5 mm Knitpicks Harmony wood circular
Yarn : Noro Silk Garden in color 272 lot A just under 8 skeins with the fringe.

Cast on : October 17th
Cast off : November 9th (November 14th for the fringe)

Mods : I made it a little bit narrower by casting on for one less square than the pattern called for. And I did not really respect any of the cast off suggestions. I made it my own way and it went well so why bother with those complicated stuff. ;) The best advice I can tell about the pattern is weave in ends as you go or you will procrastinate at the end for sure.

About the Noro, I love my experience with the yarn and it worth the price for it. It's a bit itchy, but it already soften with a wash. It has quite a few knots but I still love my knitting for the Lady E.

Don't ask, tonight I'm cuddling in my new stole !

5 comments:

Teresa said...

That's a beautiful Lady E. It's my favourite pattern I've ever knit. And I used Noro SG too, and I agree about the itchiness. I've had it for a while now, and it's definitely softened up with usage.

Gina House said...

Really beautiful! I bet it's super soft, too!

Montreal Mama said...

It's gorgeous Sophie! One day I hope to make one too!

Lynne said...

very pretty! I love the colorway!

Anonymous said...

I don't always love Noro's colorways but that one is so beautiful. It came out great.